I have the great pleasure to chair the search for a new, awesome colleague starting August 2020.
The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) is soliciting applicants for one (1) open rank tenure-track faculty position. The position will be housed in the school’s Department of Sport and Recreation Management. The Department is comprised a strong combination of research and teaching faculty, the Sport Industry Research Center (SIRC) and students across four academic programs (undergraduate, Master of Science, online Executive Master of Science, Ph.D. in Business with a concentration in Sport & Tourism).
Qualified applicants should hold a PhD (or equivalent) in sport management or a related field.
Preferred applicants will have:
- Active research agenda aligning with the broad areas of focus within the Department and School.
- Strong record of publishing in high-quality sport management journals.
- Ability or potential to secure external funding.
- Experience delivering superior instruction of sport management courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Specific experience and/or a willingness to develop and deliver online courses.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with big data or data analytics is also desirable.
This appointment would begin effective August 2020. Review of applications will begin on November 4th 2019 and position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Temple University is a large urban university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. STHM is a self-standing school, affiliated with Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Management, which offers a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Tourism/Sport concentration.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, the names of at least three references, and other relevant supporting materials (e.g., sample publications) to Chair, SRM Faculty Search Committee (email@example.com).
For sustainability purposes, electronic applications are strongly encouraged.